December 2, 2017
Parade starts at 10:00 a.m.
Meet at Otani's: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Anniversary Party: 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
2018 will mark 110 years that the Otani family has been in business in Oxnard and we want to celebrate with our past (and current) employees. We are constantly thanking our customers for keeping us in business all these years, but it would not have been possible without the support of all our team members!
As a thank you for contributing to to our business legacy, we would love it if you walked with us in this year's Christmas Parade.
ALL past employees are invited to walk in this year’s parade with us
· We will meet at Otani's between 8:30am and 9:30am and walk to the float together. There will be a small after party inside Otani's after the parade. Please let us know if you are able to join us (even if you are still a maybe).
· There will be a float to ride on for anyone who cannot walk or would prefer to not walk.
"In Memory Of… / Walking For"
· If you would like to walk for a family member that worked for any of the Otani’s businesses and has passed or moved away, we would love to have you walk with us in their place.
Facebook group page
· We just started a group page for past Otani’s employees. We will be posting more information there from time to time. The page can be found by searching “Past Otanis Team” or the link www.fb.com/groups/PastOtanisTeam
Interested in walking/more information:
· The cashiers have a sign up page. Please leave the approx. year/s you worked here and the best way to contact you. Feel free to take up more than one line if needed.
· Our goal is to thank all of our past (and current) employees for keeping us in business all these years. We are constantly thanking our customers, but would not be here without both customers AND employees. We want this to be a festive morning filled with friends old and new. If you know if someone that used to work here… please help us spread the word. The more the merrier!
Anniversary Party- After Party
· There will be a casual get together after the parade that will be open to the public from 11:30 - 12:30. Food and drinks will be provided. Please bring the family out to the Christmas Parade and join us after inside Otani's!
*The current Otani’s was started in 1952 by great-grandpa, Izzy Otani... but his father, Toraichi Otani, started the first Otani’s business on the Boulevard in 1908!
March 24th to March 30th, 2018
Japanese Exchange Students will be coming to Ventura County
Host families needed!
Nagasaki Kita High school (Nagasaki, Japan) will be returning to Ventura County for the 3rd year in a row!
We are expecting about 60 students and are looking for interested host families.
The students will arrive on March 24th and depart the morning of March 30, 2018 (Saturday to Friday)
Hosting international exchange students is an unforgettable cultural experience that often leads to lifelong friendships!
Students visiting from Nagasaki Kita High School are 15-17 years old, English-competent, fun, respectful, and excited about their first trip to America!
Students attend English classes at CSE Ventura followed by afternoon activities and excursions (even Disneyland!)
Families host 2 students during their short 6-night stay and provide a bedroom, meals, and American hospitality
Host families receive a modest stipend to cover expenses
Also, don't forget about our stipend and referral program. We offer referral fees of $100 for each new host family. :)
Please email Tani at Tani@csoe.com for more information.
April 29, 2018
Aut2Run - Autism Awareness 5k
CSUCI: 8:30 a.m.
"Team Otani's" team picture at 8:00 a.m.
We will be running on April 29th in the Aut2Run Charity Race to show our support for individuals and families living with Autism. We have had a Team Otani's the last 4 years and would love to have you join our team this year.
To join our Team Otani's...
Go to www.aut2run.org and click on "Register Now." Find the "5K Run/Walk" and click on "sign up." At the bottom it will have a "Race Group/Team" option. Click on the green "Create or Join Race Group/Team" button and scroll down till you find "Team Otani's" under the Aut2run 5K Teams.
If you are not able to race on the 29th, but would still like to support, please make a donation on Team Otani's behalf to the Autism Society Ventura County. We would love to raise at least $1,000! You can donate online at https://runsignup.com/TeamOtanis or inside our restaurant (look for the "Aut2Run Donations" box on the counter or ask any employee). All donations will stay in our local community to help kids, adults and families with Autism Spectrum Disorder. For more info on this charity, go to www.AutismVentura.org