Saturday, December 2, 2017
Parade starts at 10:00 a.m.
Meet at Otani's: 8:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
2018 will mark 110 years that the Otani family has been in business in Oxnard and we want to celebrate with our past (and current) employees. We are constantly thanking our customers for keeping us in business all these years, but it would not have been possible without the support of all our team members!
As a thank you for contributing to to our business legacy, we would love it if you walked with us in this year's Christmas Parade.
ALL past employees are invited to walk in this year’s parade with us
· We will have optional signs you can wear (think runner’s bibs) that will have the Otani’s logo and the years you worked with us. We will confirm with everyone to see if they would like a sign and what they want it to say.
· There will be a float to ride on for anyone who cannot walk or would prefer to not walk.
"In Memory Of…"
· If you would like to walk for a family member that worked for any of the Otani’s businesses and has passed, we would love to have you walk with us for them. We will make a separate sign that says “In Memory Of _____”
· If you would like to walk for a family member that worked for any of the Otani’s businesses and has moved or is not able to walk with us, you can walk in their place. We will make a separate sign that says “Walking For _____”
Facebook group page
· We just started a group page for past Otani’s employees. We will be posting more information there from time to time. The page can be found by searching “Past Otanis Team” or the link www.fb.com/groups/PastOtanisTeam
Interested in walking/more information:
· The cashiers have a sign up page. Please leave the approx. year/s you worked here and the best way to contact you. Feel free to take up more than one line if needed.
· Our goal is to thank all of our past (and current) employees for keeping us in business all these years. We are constantly thanking our customers, but would not be here without both customers AND employees. We want this to be a festive morning filled with friends old and new. If you know if someone that used to work here… please help us spread the word. The more the merrier!
· We plan on opening late the day of the parade so all our current employees can join us on the parade route. We will have a casual get together after the parade that will be open to customers as well as emlpoyees. More information to come as the event gets closer.
*The current Otani’s was started in 1952 by great-grandpa, Izzy Otani... but his father, Toraichi Otani, started the first Otani’s business on the Boulevard in 1908!